Health In One Good Box



Healthy meals make us happy!

ERIKA SAYS....
The moment I said goodbye to my teen years and discovered that my body is no longer in the “eat-anything-and-not-get-fat” phase, I have been into health and fitness. Exercise and a healthy diet goes hand in hand. You cannot exercise with the hopes of losing weight or toning your body while eating anything and everything you get your hands on. At the same time, you won’t be able to gain energy to exercise and go about your day without getting the proper nutrition your body needs. My body needs 1,200 calories a day in order to maintain my weight and keep healthy. Having zero patience and skills in the kitchen, preparing a healthy meal is a struggle. So when I heard that The Good Box PH, a healthy food delivery service, would be sending me food, I was excited!

10 AM BREAKFAST: Fruit and Nut Pancake with Coffee (250 kcal) + ½ tbsp Honey (30 kcal)
This is the one on the photo above. My initial reaction was, “What? Only one piece of pancake?” I was quite cynical about it being able to satisfy my tummy. To my surprise, it was actually quite filling! I believe the pancake was whole wheat which explains it being packed. I did cheat though because I added honey (healthier version of sugar) to it. And since I’m not really a coffee drinker, I had it chilled and it tasted just as good.


1 PM LUNCH: Lemon Poached Chicken and Potato Salad with Vegetable Sticks and Dip (330kcal)
The chicken was cooked right and I loved my vegetable sticks. I didn’t get to dip the veggies that much though since I’m not really a ketchup-mayo fan.


3 PM Snack: Chewy Caramel Apple Cookies (150 kcal)
Oh, the cookies were really chewy! I’m a sweets person and this totally satisfied my cravings!

6 PM PRE-WORKOUT: Eggplant, Ricotta, and Tomato Pappardelle (270 kcal)
I had a 7 PM boxing workout at Elorde Alabang so I knew that I would need energy. I had pasta and salad for dinner so I ate the pasta first. Carbs are good for energy so it helped me get through my two-hour workout. For those who aren’t much of a veggie pasta fan, you might not like this. As for me, I loved it!


9PM DINNER + SNACK: Salad, Pita Chips, Guacamole, and Hummus Dip (180kcal) + 2 Egg Whites (40 kcal)
After my workout, I gobbled up my salad and added two hard-boiled egg whites to it for protein. The homemade vinaigrette that came with it gave flavor to the salad. I also ate the pita chips which was supposed to be my PM snack just to fill in my calories.

Overall, I enjoyed the meals delivered to me that day. It kept my energy up the entire day. I think the portioning works because in a way, my mind told me that what I ate is enough so I didn’t feel hungry. It made me realize that I was eating way less than my requirement which explains why I have less energy during intense workouts. I am very adventurous when it comes to food so I find it really boring when I’m served the same old sinigang or adobo so super plus points to the variety and creativity of the meals.

Want to know more about THE GOOD BOX PH? Visit their Facebook page and website!

P.S. We already selected the winners to our Urban Ashram Giveaway! See here if you've won.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Facebook


Erika & Jing

Erika is a budding entrepreneur, who dreams of having her own fashion label one day. She's the mommy of Sophie and the daughter of Jing, a fortysomething single mom of four, who's a writer, editor, and craft enthusiast. Click here to read more.