Getting Married


Weddings make us smile!




JING SAYS...
Tuesday night found us at the Marriott Manila, enjoying a scrumptious lauriat dinner and a retrospective of Frederick Peralta's bridal gowns. I like going to weddings, specially when they're of my nearest and dearest. Years ago, I was asked to be one of the readers at the wedding of one of my best girlfriends. At the time, I had not completely resolved the end of my marriage. When I found out that I was to read 1 Corinthians 13:4 - 8 (Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud.), I was terrified. I didn't know if I could say those words the way they were supposed to be said, but I had a task and I had to do it. Suffice it to say that brutally honest me ended up almost smirking in some parts, scarring the bride's mother for life! Mwahahaha

ERIKA SAYS...
Remind me never to assign you anything on my wedding, Mom!

JING SAYS...
No, never again!

ERIKA SAYS...
Anyway, we loved looking at all the gowns. It was a pretty long show as it highlighted the designer's range but I enjoyed every minute of it. There were some that we liked, some that we didn't like. Here are some of our favorites!


ERIKA SAYS...
The jacket made this piece very dramatic, but the lace gown underneath has a classic silhouette and a subtly sexy back draping.


ERIKA SAYS...
This gown and the one below share the same serpentine cut but made of different materials. I'm such a sucker for lace and chiffon done tastefully.





ERIKA SAYS...
The simplicity of the dress makes it look so pure. Plus, points for the delicate strap.



ERIKA SAYS...
I like the print and silhouette of the dress. I would prefer it without the mesh though.



JING SAYS...
I love how regal this looks. Of course, you'd have to be stick thin to carry this look. Good luck!


JING SAYS...
She looked like she just came from the garden or something. Freshness!



JING SAYS...
Fancy going to a ball? That's how this dress made me feel like!



JING SAYS...
While black isn't the color you'd think of for a wedding dress, this one is a headturner.


ERIKA SAYS...
On my wedding day, I would love to wear the gown on the right, but preferably with a fuller skirt... Or maybe the one on the left, but with a longer trail. I'm torn!

JING SAYS...
Nice choices! It would be absolutely wonderful to see you walking down the aisle, with Sophie as a flower girl! I still can't see the groom though! Mwahahaha





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Facebook


Erika & Jing

Erika is a budding entrepreneur, who dreams of having her own fashion label one day. She's the mommy of Sophie and the daughter of Jing, a fortysomething single mom of four, who's a writer, editor, and craft enthusiast. Click here to read more.