Mini Melissa in Manila


Shoes make us oh so happy!!



JING SAYS...
Oh such lovely shoes! I've always been fascinated by Melissa Shoes. It's exciting how the brand is able to mix contemporary design with modern materials, and collaborate with some exciting personalities too! More importantly, they're super comfy on your feet, a big bonus for working moms like me who are always going on one errand after another. So when we received an invite for the launch of Mini Melissa, Melissa's mini-me line, we just had to be there! Sophie will be delighted!


ERIKA SAYS...
On the way, I told Sophie that we were going to an "event," and that she's sure to have a good time. I was right. The people behind Melissa knew how to throw a children's party. There was a candy buffet with different kinds of chocolates and different kinds of jelly. Lula Jing helped her fill up her paper bags. We were expecting her to hoard the stuff, but she was very particular about how many pieces to put: five pieces of chocolate turtles, four gummy bears, some taffy, a sprinkle of chocolate bits, and one chocolate bar.


ERIKA SAYS...
Sophie enjoyed the art activity. She was given a felt passport holder, which she was to design with felt cut-outs. She decorated two with lots of flowers.


JING SAYS...
While the two were busy making art, I munched on the yummy snacks. I didn't have a proper lunch then, so I was famished. Fortunately, they had prepared a delicious spread: barbeque, corndogs, salad, brownies, and cookies.

JING SAYS...
But the very best part? We got to do a bit of shopping. With so many designs to choose from, we had a difficult time deciding which one to take home. At first, I was going to get the Melissa Petal in silver. It was an easy slip-on with a pointed toe. My issue was that it was just too flat for me. Even though I love my flats, I've learned later on that a bit of heel works best for my feet.

ERIKA SAYS...
I was just walking and walking and looking and looking, but it's just so hard! I was going to get a pair of flats but when I saw this sleek pair of ankle boots, which incidentally is called Drama (haha), I fell in love. They looked so good on me!

JING SAYS...
I finally ended up with Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania Ultragirl. It's got a bit of heel, gold and brown animal print, and a big golden buckle. More importantly, it wears like a dream. It's lightly padded inside and comes with a synthetic lining.

ERIKA SAYS...
I was going to get the black pair, but later on went for the nude one. Sophie was more single-minded than me and mom. As soon as she saw the pink Mary Janes with the pink bow, she was sold!


ERIKA SAYS...
Since we're supposed to come in matching outfits, Sophie and I dressed in black and white ensembles with houndstooth accents.  Here we are with fellow blogger Sarah Tirona and her daughter.


ERIKA SAYS...
With Mommy Mundo Founder Janice Villanueva and her daughter Reese!


JING SAYS...
A photo with the matchy-matchy mommies


JING SAYS...
A parting shot with dearest Kate (Can you guess who our cute photo bomber is?! Mwahahaha)

Visit Melissa's Facebook page to find out more about this lovely brand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Facebook


Erika & Jing

Erika is a budding entrepreneur, who dreams of having her own fashion label one day. She's the mommy of Sophie and the daughter of Jing, a fortysomething single mom of four, who's a writer, editor, and craft enthusiast. Click here to read more.