Bokkeum, Samgyeopsal atbp at Yoree


Good food makes us happy!

ERIKA SAYS...
First Sunday of the year, I had Korean. The following Sunday, I had Korean again. I love sam gyup sal, which is pork wrapped in lettuce, and its beef counterpart. You get to experiment by dipping it in ssamjang or sesame oil, or both, and add more ingredients to your wrap like your japchae order. Don't forget to ask for sesame leaf! I wanted to try the dolsot bibimbap so I invited Mom to have dinner at a Korean place I liked in BF. Unfortunately, she wasn't too cool about the idea but she went with me anyway. Napilitan, haha! 

JING SAYS...
I had a not-so-good experience with Korean food from way, way back, and I never dared try it again. I was pleasantly surprised then when I actually found myself liking this whole K-pop thing. I particularly liked the dolsot bibimbap and the seafood soup, which was wonderfully spicy! So for K's birthday lunch, we found ourselves at Yoree in Molito.

ERIKA SAYS...
Like most guys, my brothers love meat so I ordered a whole lot of it. I also got the usual: pork, beef, bibimbap. Not too keen on their Korean pancake though. Too bad their sets weren't available yet but this is because they've only been open for a week at the time. Also, their menu pricing is quite confusing so make sure to ask what they meant by the lunch sets.


JING SAYS...
They cooked our meal, well at least the meat, right on the table. Cool! The nice part: the cooking smell didn't stick to our clothes.



JING SAYS...
This is one of my favorites, jeyuk bokkeum, pork chuck cooked in a spicy marinade, then wrapped up in greens. Somehow, eating all that lettuce had me thinking that I had a balanced meal! Not!


ERIKA SAYS....
The pork and beef were cooked just right. The marinade wasn't too sweet and the meat tender. A big plus that they had sesame leaf for me! Try it the next time you eat your lettuce-wrapped goodness, it's so good!

JING SAYS....
Our cook asked, "Do I cook everything now?" Our resounding reply: "Yes!" We had three guys with us, and they're not just meat-eaters, they're fast eaters too! Every time a new batch of grilled meat was put on the table, the boys just picked them up in a flash. I didn't want to be left behind, so I picked up one piece of meat after another. Bad! Bad! Bad! I got myself so full that I couldn't eat till the next day! Mwahahaha



JING SAYS...
I thought the pancake was a bit on the salty side, but the dolsot I liked. It's a new favorite, which I'm sure I'll be eating again and again and again!


JING SAYS...
K is 18 now. My youngest child is 18! Wonderful!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Facebook


Erika & Jing

Erika is a budding entrepreneur, who dreams of having her own fashion label one day. She's the mommy of Sophie and the daughter of Jing, a fortysomething single mom of four, who's a writer, editor, and craft enthusiast. Click here to read more.