Bohol: Two Ways

Bohol made us incredibly happy!

ERIKA SAYS...

I love travelling with my girlfriends, J and P. Whenever we go to a new place, we do our research and make sure, as much as possible, that we see all there is to see and eat all there is to eat in that particular destination. Weeks before, I'd go online, read travel blogs, look for the best guides, and book everything in advance.

When we went to Bohol, we were ready. I had our itinerary down pat. From Cebu, we took the Oceanjet to Tagbilaran, and grabbed a tricycle to our hotel. Dinner was at the Bohol Bee Farm. I love it there because they grow their own herbs and veggies, something I wish I could do since I like my salad.

The next day, we woke up bright and early to go dolphin watching at Balicasag Island. It was a thrilling experience, and one I would soon not forget. They are such beautiful creatures.  

The rest of the day was just a whirl of activities as we toured the countryside. We had lunch at Loboc River, visited the Blood Compact Monument, got heartbroken at the damage the earthquake caused on Baclayon Church, made friends with a python (It's so big!!), and saw Chocolate Hills! By the time we got back to our hotel, we were dead tired! But then, I wouldn't have it any other way. YOLO!


JING SAYS...
I have many happy memories of Bohol. I remember falling asleep in a hammock at Bohol Beach Club, having chocolate souffle at Cafe Lawis, singing my heart out as we cruised down Loboc River, and chilling out at a villa in Eskaya. I can still remember the very first time I saw Chocolate Hills. It just took my breath away; no picture could truly capture its magnificence.

This time around, we wanted to just hang out. Save for our accommodations at Bellevue, we didn't book a single thing. All we wanted to do was this: sleep, eat, swim, repeat. It was wonderful!

In the morning, we hit the breakfast buffet, filling our plates with bacon, cheese, fruits, and sausages. Walking seemed like the next best thing, so we traipsed down the length of the beach, passing by Ananyana, pausing along a cove of coconut trees, and sitting under the shade. A dip in the pool along with a glass of cold beer got us ready for lunch, Spicy Peruvian Pork Ribs and Pancit Bihon, a seemingly weird combination which actually worked. The afternoon unfolded in the same manner as the morning, only this time, there were short naps tucked in between the walking and swimming. Nights were the best as we snuggled into the silky, soft sheets and fell asleep in a warm embrace. 

It was the best vacation ever!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Facebook


Erika & Jing

Erika is a budding entrepreneur, who dreams of having her own fashion label one day. She's the mommy of Sophie and the daughter of Jing, a fortysomething single mom of four, who's a writer, editor, and craft enthusiast. Click here to read more.